6/14/09

no doors

she's trapped in a room with no doors,
yeah, there's some windows way up
high, and sure enough, those walls are
real thick and of course there's a wet
floor and a dark ceiling, but figuring
out how to get to her has me reeling,
and I am not sure, maybe she knows
too much, or maybe she knows just
enough, maybe she is just in there,
healing, or maybe she is out of luck,
and her heart is stealing the future
to pay for today and yesterday, maybe
she already knows all the things I will
say, maybe she is just tired of dealing,
or maybe I am the one who is stuck,
awestruck, lovesick, reacting a bit too
quick, yeah, coming off just a little too
slick, or maybe I'm just a silly fool for
feeling this feeling, but I've been a
fool before, and that's when I knew
where to find the door, and now she's
trapped and I have to get to her, but
there's no doors.



June 14, 2009.

Copyright © 2009, Ricky A. Pursley. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment