6/2/09

don't take this personally

countless mounds of slimeballs
have cooed into my tired ears
over the years and told me such
great big fat droopy-assed lies
that they should have been hauling them
on a barge

or at least, they should have had some kind of license;

and if that were not bad enough,
the very same pools of pond scum
also repeatedly have the urge,
when imparting some particularly vicious
slash-and-burn in my general direction,

to tell me that I shouldn't take it personally;

like there is some other way;

maybe, in their headuptheass universe there is,
but here on my planet,
when you tell me that my feet stink,
they are my feet,
and you think they stink

and it doesn't get any more personal than that;

so the next time you feel the urge
to give me your opinion,
just put it on your website,
and then wrap your website up real tight . . . .



June 2, 2009. From the forthcoming collection, Spoken Rage.

Copyright © 2009, Ricky A. Pursley. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment