1/17/09

bell ringer

onceuponatime, I rang a bell for you;
onceuponatime, I'd have gone to hell for you;
thencameatime, you said we were through;
wish I knew what the hell came over you;

now I ring no bell,
and I guess it's just as well;
I wasn't cut out to be a bell ringer,
or a rock 'n' roll singer;
better at writing the words,
and following directions;
I only wish I had directions to you
or a map to where you've flown to;
not that I'm annoyed,
but that's a place I'd like to avoid;
clarity just leaves me more confused,
and here I thought I was done being used;

onceuponatime, you and I were two;
onceuponatime, I knew just what to do;
thencameatime, the world was cut through;
wish I knew what the hell I should do.



January 17, 2009.

Copyright © 2009, Ricky A. Pursley. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment