3/2/09

how it seems to me

Nothin' wrong with flirtin', as long as nobody
ends up hurtin', they say that it is good for all
that ails you, baby, and I've come to believe
that when I go, all I will leave are some broken
hearts and a few others who will grieve, and I
know that I am among those who chose to carry
the torch no matter how much our hands burn,
but that's okay, that's fine for today, because,
baby, none of us is guaranteed tomorrow, and
just like Billy sang I'd rather laugh with the
sinners than cry with the saints, and maybe, just
maybe, we will be the winners, the ones who
have more than a couple of taints, well, maybe,
baby, just maybe, I will have to hold your hand
when we descend the stairway to Hell, but that's
a chance I will take, if it will let me make just
one last stab at a chance for a little romance
with you, if we can be two fingers on the same
hand, if being together is how the two of us can
stand, how we can live and love and have all
that is grand, all that is here for free, all that we
can be to each other, to everyone around us, to
those who have found us, if we just have love
to surround us, well I'm bettin' that we will be
alright, at least that's how it seems to me.



March 3, 2009.

Copyright © 2009, Ricky A. Pursley. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment