3/12/09

great books

Buk said in "the feel of it"
that "great books are the ones we need";
and so I wonder who is writing them
these days;
Is it you or me?
Is that even possible,
given the tiny little spot
that either of us occupy,
physically, emotionally,
rationally, intellectually?

I guess it depends on
what we need right now,
what you need right now,
and I don't know you,
or your needs --
I only know mine, really,
and even those, not so well,
from moment to moment,
or day to day --
so I have to try to meet mine,
and just hope that maybe
you have the same needs,
or that figuring everything out for me
will somehow speak to you,
maybe help you somehow,
maybe give you a voice,
maybe be great,
or maybe not.



March 12, 2009.

Copyright © 2009, Ricky A. Pursley. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment