12/16/08

Denied

All the times that she lied,
And the things I should have known;
All that I have been denied,
Just the crops my heart has grown.

Left alone, to float away
On a cloud in a weepy sea of gray;
Started out better than this,
And it shouldn't end this way.

Too many cooks involved in this soup:
No one leaves satisfied;
Losing her, well it's my last loop;
Just one more thing denied;
Just one more thing denied.

Lookin' for work; am well qualified:
Got lots of experience too;
Lots of times that I've been denied;
The latest one, the other shoe,

Droppin' on my head,
And she thinks that I'm jokin',
When I say I'll be better off dead;
She doesn't hear me chokin',

But that's the way, that's okay,
It's the way the story goes;
Nothin' more that I can say,
It's been denied, it's been closed.

Eventually, she'll get tired of me,
And she'll even stop takin' my call;
Thought she was my new eternity,
But soon she'll be nothin' at all.



December 16, 2008, for Jan.
Copyright © 2008, Ricky A. Pursley. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment