4/20/09

A Few Minutes with Betty, Chapter 10: "Happy Easter, Your Highness" (or, "Bouncing Video")

"Happy Easter!"

"Hey, Betty, I'm on the other page with Candida. She says Happy Easter to you."

"Right back at her."

"And I say Happy Easter to you too. So did you have a good day? Are you feeling better?"

"A good day, but I'm exhausted."

"Of course you are."

"We visited George's sisters, and hunted for eggs starting at 6:00 a.m."

"Oh car trips with chocolate; fun, fun, fun."

"My youngest daughter ate so much she puked a little. Good times."

"Yes indeedy. What's a holiday without a little barfing, I always say."

"Not a fun one that's for sure. So how was your Easter ?"

"It was good, Mom and I ate like kings. Turkey breast, stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, green beans."

"That's always a good thing. Are kings bony or stringy to eat?"

"No, like royalty kings."

"Oh you didn't actually eat kings . . . I was confused; that happens a lot."

"Like the way you treat me, like your lord and master, like you treat George."

"George is on my list. The short one that ends with lots of gore and blood. Bad for him. Fun for me."

"Still?"

"Well, I did sit on him and bounce . . . but not for fun."

"I want video, fun or not."

"Snort. Sorry, you have to pay the monthly membership fee for that."

"V-i-d-e-o. But I'm on the HOA board. Bored. Bored board."

"So you are one of those losers that makes my life miserable. Oh, George sold a ton of windows this weekend. One and a half weeks at his new job, and he's the top dog. Woof, woof."

"Good for him; tell him I said attaboy."

"$100,000 in sales. WEEEEE!!!!"

"Yes. Oh my that is big time. Good for you, too, Betty."

"It takes off a little stress. Maybe I'll stop getting sick all the time."

"Hey, you're my pal, and my humorizing partner, I've been worried. How you are doing is important to me, and to the humorizing too."

"I'm okay. Really. But thanks for caring though, it's nice."

"Well you are a good pal, and sometimes very funny too."

"Of course I am. I am awesome."

"And uber-limber too."

"Of course. I like the stories, by the way. You do a good job with them, mostly."

"High praise. Thanks, Betty."

"Right. Now send me a check, why don't you?"

"Talk to you soon. Bad connection suddenly."

"Sure it is. Bye for now, Shakespeare."



April 20, 2009.

Copyright © 2009, Ricky A. Pursley. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment