2/4/09

Solo

Dusty old clues, stale old blues, now that she's gone, nothin' is the same; tried everything I knew, tried all the things that I tried with you, the result is plain to see, left on my own to work out this mystery, but the truth jumps up and grabs my throat, leavin' no doubt about it; last one gone, I must move on, a lot of things left to do, including figuring out what is left that is remotely true, like hearing I love you, like wondering once again if it's real or not, and I just can't take that chance again; not enough heart left to break, nothing left for give and take; not much to recommend me, not sure where this will send me, only know that I am done, love is through with me, on account of her being the one; tired, empty, shattered, shuttered, battered and head-butted, if it's all the same to you, I think I'll sit the rest of this life out, just sit here in this corner, just sit here without; plenty of rememberin' available to me, I can recall every joy and every moment of pure misery, and that ought to be enough for me, to keep writin' it down, the little old clown, with the long, long frown; miles and miles of crooked smiles, and all of that you-know-you-are-the-one-for-me; I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you so much that I am kicking you free, forever and ever and over again, won't this be grand as we go on as just friends; oh, yeah, a little slice of heaven, for sure; not like it's a sentence that I just have to endure, no, it's a gift, from you to me, walking in the dark for eternity, walking in the dark lookin' for somethin' that I can see; but it makes me wonder and ponder as I wander so aimlessly what you would have done if you didn't love me; solo is so low, but at least it's free; solo is so low, that it's just meant for me; solo was no go, but it's all that's left for me; solo is no know, but I know it will always be solo indefinitely until solo is no no, and life is done with me.



February 4, 2009, one last time, with feeling, baby.

Copyright © 2009, Ricky A. Pursley. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment