10/17/09

timeless

Sometimes, no hell, most of the times,
I wish that I had a name that I could put
on it, something that would tack it down,
take it more than just one turn around,
put me back to where I was, maybe even
on the ground, back when having You
around, just around, was the best thing
that there was that I had found, you and
me, bound to something that was bigger
and better than both of us, when all we
had to discuss was not all that much,
back when things were simpler, when
they were clearer, starker, and your
dimples were just dimples, and not the
parts that I hung my heart on, that made
me just speechless, that made me stop,
look, and listen, to what made my heart
stop, seek, flow, and glisten with the
discovery of you, what had been so
long part of us, what was true, even
eternal, down millennia, down all
time, You and me, and then I stop
myself, I put all those nameless, silly
worries back on the shelf, and I just
know, that what we know, that what
we show, well, it may be nameless,
but that is okay, because it is simply
timeless.



October 14, 2009, for the Wifey.

Copyright © 2009, Ricky A. Pursley. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment