10/20/09

another day no. 2

another day, where
I have successfully
resisted that urge
to gun it, and
cross the double-yellow
meeting a Mack
head-on,
at 65 miles per hour;

another day, where
I have successfully
resisted the compulsion
to bitch-slap the old lady
ahead of me in the check-out line,
who insists on counting out
the exact change
for her small purchase;

another day, as I find myself
lodged in the line at the drive-up ATM,
where I managed to keep myself
from hurling a brick
through the window of
the car ahead of me,
who is taking forever;

another day, where
I manage to not throw
a shoe at the tv
when she puts on Fox News;

oh well,
there's always tomorrow.


October 20, 2009. From the forthcoming collection, Spoken Rage.

Copyright © 2009, Ricky A. Pursley. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment