10/9/09

Picasso

Picasso, genius that he was,
immortalized it,
in a simple line drawing
that he called "Femme"
that I used to own:
the female backside.

hells bells:
the ass of a woman,
so perfectly sculpted,
that Michelangelo
would have been
disrupted;

and I have many times
considered
the fascination,
with no conclusion;
maybe it is merely
some Euclidean
dream sequence,
long, soft, sloping
curves,
and a fullness,
a richness,
that is almost
agrarian in its
sensuality,
its eroticity --
a mystery,
likely lost to
some history --
but still, its oval,
its perfect ellipses,
have drawn many
to ecstasy
upon its view;

I know of one
such precise
posterior, and I
saw it again,
just last month:
as I lifted
the bedsheet,
there it was --
crafted by
genetics,
aerobics,
antics --
no matter,
it is the fuel,
the lifeblood,
the brain food,
of romantics
like me,
and it is
forever
burned into
my retinas.



October 9, 2009, for the Wifey.

Copyright © 2009, Ricky A. Pursley. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment