7/22/09

really, really, really

was feelin' a little like
Glenn Frey earlier tonight:
"four that wanna own me
two that wanna stone me,
and one that says she's
a friend of mine;"

and I sit here and I contemplate
all of them,
and I am stymied in my
concentration:
which measure,
of which elation,
should I choose?

and I confess,
that this largess,
is way more than I expected,
hell, its way more
than what I rejected;

what I think I need,
like I know what I have
perceived,
well I need someone
who will keep me
on track;

so it is just you,
you simple horn of blue,
maybe I should just
stay here with you;

but I can't ignore
all that has gone before,
and I have to tell the rest
that she is simply the best;

and so I float free,
willing myself to be me
and to be that with Her,
because when somebody
loves you,
really, really, really
loves you,
that's all they need to do,
and so do you.



July 20, 21 & 22, 2009, for the Wifey.

Copyright © 2009, Ricky A. Pursley. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment