7/26/09

loneliness

a wise person, some time back,
I don't know who,
and a Google search revealed:
no answers.

well, he or she said that
"if we could cure loneliness,
we would solve most of
our problems,"
or words to that effect;

and I was thinking today,
how we might be getting closer
to actually doing that,
with things like facebook,
and myspace,
and the other 48
quintillion websites,
the "social" networks;

aren't all networks social?

isn't any interaction
between two or more,
social?

it is pretty basic, really:
if I love you,
and I tell you so,
I have engaged in a
social interaction,
which sounds so
clinical,
but still,

as my late Daddy
used to say:
"Love me now, when
I am here."

July 26, 2009.
Copyright © 2009, Ricky A. Pursley. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment