9/27/09

see you later, again

how I didn't want to stick my hand
up through the sunroof of the PT
and sign "I love you"
just minutes ago;
it was just as hard
as ending a call,
and I unsuccessfully fought back tears,
as I successfully kept the car in my control;

and now I sit here, at Ned's Point,
reflecting, writing
on another glorious
36 hours with You,
happy that our actions
spoke to all our past words:
no hyperbole here;

and the sunlight on the waves
across the breadth of the harbor
vainly struggles
to match the illumination
that Your smile brings to my eyes,
who send it down
into my heart and soul;

what a gorgeous, melodious rapture
we two in this time did capture,
the concordance of timeless love,
captured in the knowing glance
of a well-orchestrated circumstance;

You back there, and me, back here,
until who knows when,
Oh My Love,
see you later, again.



September 26, 2009, for the Wifey, who is beyond compare.

Copyright © Ricky A. Pursley. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment