12/24/09

Christmas priceless

I did an inventory
a few minutes ago,
okay maybe an hour ago, sue me;
and I figured out that
there are, I think, four people
out of the billions on this planet,
who love me
without condition;
which is a big deal,
if you know anything about
love
or
conditions;
and tonight, Christmas Eve,
will be the first time in all their lives,
those three,
each one,
that I will not be with them,
reading "A Visit from Saint Nicholas,"
and tucking them in;
too expensive, with too little income,
and if I don't work, I don't get paid,
just like all the working poor;
but the fourth one,
who loves me unconditionally,
I will get to see her
in seven days;
and part of the beauty is
that those three, my girls,
continue to merely want Daddy
to be happy;
and in seven days, I will be, again,
thanks to a woman beyond compare,
and three girls who unconditionally
love their daddy.



December 24, 2009, for my daughters and for the Wifey. I love you all four, with every ounce of me, including all the so-called legendary brain cells. Whatever. I'm just your dad, and I'm just your chubby hubby.

Copyright © 2009, Ricky A. Pursley. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment