12/8/09

better number 2

I adore You:
You are better than any sunrise,
better than Ned's Point,
or chocolate,
lobster,
Christmas,
expresso,
The Beatles,
apple pie,
Cajun seared catfish,
chili,
fresh fruit,
ham and eggs,
smoked oysters,
habañeros,
fig newtons,
martinis,
ribeye steak,
buttermilk biscuits,
down comforters,
scallops wrapped in bacon,
bourbon,
massages,
Thanksgiving,
coffee,
boursin,
linguica and chorizo,
Bukowski,
pastrami on rye,
all nine symphonies,
salsa picante,
free drinks,
smoked Gouda,
jalapeños,
every known songbird,pot roast,
puppies,
omelets,
Port,
Billy Collins,
jumbo shrimp,
rainbows,
ice cold beer,
William Blake,
kittens,
meatloaf,
grilled cheese sandwiches,
rock 'n' roll,
Updike,
sancocho,
hot showers,
oysters on the half shell,
sleeping in,
Adrienne Rich,
Vidalia onions,
bologna sandwiches,
any pome I have ever written,
better than any of the things that I enjoy,
and all of them combined;
all of the women that I have ever known,
laid end to end,
would never measure up to You;
it's true, every bit:
I am so lucky to have You,
that it is a wonder that I am not
black and blue from pinching myself.



December 8, 2009, for the Wifey.

Copyright © 2009, Ricky A. Pursley. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment