5/22/10

what the well-dressed rat is wearing

with the rest of the working poor,
I went to Dollar Tree today,
shopping oh so cautiously,
holding my dollars,
as I walked the aisles,
until they were damp
from the latest cold sweat;

then I went to the Salvation Army thrift store:
since I must be thrifty,
it's the store for me;
and the results were mixed:
I found a decent sport coat
so that I can look professional
for the interviews that I won't get,
but not without a lot of searching;

it seems that only the real skinny guys
are dying, and leaving their widows
with closets full of sport coats
to get rid of; the bulky guys, like me,
we are apparently outlasting our women,
since the women's section was
five times the size of the men's,
and every size you can imagine
was represented;

I may be the last rat left on board,
but I've damned well got a sport coat.



May 22, 2010.

Copyright © 2010, Ricky A. Pursley. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment