5/16/10

I love you enough to know

was feelin' a little like
Glenn Frey earlier tonight:
"four that wanna own me
two that wanna stone me,
one says she's
a friend of mine";

I sit here, contemplatin'
all of them,
stymied in my
concentration, and
I consider:
which measure,
of which elation,
should I choose?

the ones I tossed away --
yesterday's news,
today's blues --
or the one who got me
to pray (again), the one
who has apparently
come to stay?

and I confess,
that this largess,
is way more than I expected,
hell, it's way more
than what I rejected;

what I think I need,
as much as I think
I know
what I have
perceived,
well I need someone
who will help keep me
on track,
wherever the hell
that is;

so is it just You,
You simple, sweet one, of tears,
and fears, and shades of blue,
maybe I should just
stay here with You;

so I float free,
a lot more certain of answers,
ready as ever to take
too many chances,
just willing myself to be me;
because when somebody
really loves you, true,
it's a rare day indeed.


July 20 & 21, 2009; May 16, 2010, for the Wifey.

Copyright © 2009, 2010, Ricky A. Pursley. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment