3/18/10

as one

I love You,
You are the alpha,
and the omega,
as the Greeks would say;
trite, cliché,
maybe
so sue me in cliché court
someday;
it is of no moment,
as I recede from
life's torment,
to languish in some
small stolen hours,
to be Yours,
and to be devoured,
and to devour,
every morsel of You,
once an hour;
passion's moans,
and lust's screams,
combined with
love's ardor,
tell me all that means
any little thing:
and fever's pitch,
does not fully
scratch the itch,
that my heart knows;
centuries come,
and centuries go,
and still my soul
knows which trail
to follow:
the one that leads me
to You,
the only one that is
true;
and kingdoms come,
and then they go,
but You and I,
we flow eternal,
not vernal,
but constant,
like the seas,
stuck fast in stark memories
of together
forever
past all miseries;
adorned in sheets
of stained glass,
we walk,
hand-in-hand
into the future,
the unknown land,
and we remain
happy, united
as one.



March 16, 2010, for the Wifey.

Copyright © 2010, Ricky A. Pursley. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment