2/21/10

almost

I love you,
while you slay me,
while your battery
is charging;
I feel the blade
slip in, and
I watch the blood
fall to the floor,
being careful
for it not to
stain your feet;

turns out, I am
almost
good enough
to share
what's left of this life,
one love's fealty,
put ahead of strife;

no matter,
I will intersect
with your orbit
in the next life,
faraway, not today,
and there again
to make you
my wife;

no adios,
of which I am
incapable,
just
see you later,
of which I am
barely able;

only know
that you are the love
of my life,
and that our future
together
is inescapable;

and that,
though eons pass,
while I traverse
seas of broken glass
on my lips,
my love for you
does enable
a history yet to be,
me for you,
and you for me.



February 20, 2010, for the Wifey.

Copyright © 2010, Ricky A. Pursley. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment