11/14/09

mostly whole again

You credit me,
with having helped you through
a time most difficult,
most fraught with anguish;
and You tell me that not once
did I let you languish
in self-deprecation,
in unspeakable despair;
that, time after time,
moment after moment,
day after day,
that I was there,
there for You in a way
that held a flashlight forward
to help You find a way
back into the life of today;
and I blush inwardly,
and remind You that I am
all in, committed to whatever
it takes for You to regain
Yourself, Your health,
Your sense of worth,
sense of purpose,
Your innate raison d'etre:
and how I manage to get You there
does not matter,
and any small, silly sacrifice
that I make in the course of things,
is not worth noting,
if I am able to send You back,
mostly whole again.



November 13, 2009, for the Wifey, and in honor of our nine months together.

Copyright © 2009, Ricky A. Pursley. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment